Thursday, October 16, 2008

Top 5: Movie Decapitations

I'll be honest with you, I'm kind of half-assing this one. I'm sure there will be things I miss that I will kick myself over later but here we go:

5) "Story of Ricky" (1991) This movie needs to be seen to be believed. Not that I'm recomending you see it, at least not without the assistance of a large quantity of pyscotropic drugs. Summed up quickly, Ricky is a badass vigilante of justice that goes to a corrupt prison and starts fucking bad guys up. He punches one dudes jaw off, puts a hole in a fat guys stomach, re-ties a severed tendon in his arm with his teeth and then continues to fight and more gory ridiculousness. It's on this list for the scene where a gang leader claps his hands together on a prisoners head and the head disintegrates. Literally. So so awesome. To put it lighty this movie is fucking absurd. If you can find it, get some friends, smoke a bowl, drink a little ripple, watch and enjoy. No need to thank me. 

4) "Evil Dead II: Dead By Dawn" (1987) Anyone who knows me well knows how much I love this movie. I worship at the altar of this film at least twice a year just to keep my shit together. The 2nd best Halloween costume I've ever worn was the main character of this movie (again those who truly know me know how serious that statement is). Anyway, Ash our hero, cuts off the head of his girlfriend with a shovel. Hey, she was possesed by the evil spirits of the Necronomicon at the time, okay. There was nothing he could do so its cool, alright. The best part about this decap is that later on the girlfriends re-animated corpse comes back to torment Ash. The head falls off and the disembodied head wreaks havoc by biting Ash's hand and not letting go. After fighting with the head briefly, Bruce Campbell, the actor that plays Ash, delivers quite possibly the greatest ADR line in cinema history, "workshed". Classic. 

3) "Conan the Barbarian" (1982) Before Arnold was governor, before he lost all of his credibility with the films "Kindergarten Cop" and "Junior" he was a cool ass motherfucker. Never was he cooler than in this movie here, co-written by Oliver Stone (yes that Oliver Stone). Now I know somebody is gonna wave the Terminator flag and say that that's Arnie's best. Let me settle that shit right here by saying this: Fuck the Terminator. Conan 1 is the shit. I'm talking bout James Earl Jones and the riddle of steele. The most brutal decap I've seen because it doesn't come off clean. He has to wack at it a couple of times before it seperates. I mean having your head cut off would suck, obviously. But if you look on the bright side at least it's quick and fairly painless, right? I'm assuming. But having someone fuck up and only cut halfway through, that's just adding insult to injury. 

2) "Friday the 13th" (1980) Mrs Vorhees meets the business of a machete. (I'm getting tired of writing as much as you are of reading. That is if you're still even with me.) 

1) "The Omen" (1976) The reason this list happened. With the remake opening yesterday I was reminded of how amazing the scene is where David Warner meets his fate. I was curious as to how they could top it in the new one and I convinced myself that they can't. The most creative and shocking decapitaion in cinema history hands down. 

Honorable Mentions: All the decaps in Sleepy Hollow and Kill Bill Vol I. Emmanuelle Chriqui's half cap in Wrong Turn. Jengo Fett in Attack of the Clones.

No comments: